Cobra Multirotor Speed Controllers are designed to be the perfect compliment to the Cobra Multirotor motors, but can also be used with virtually any brand brushless motor. These speed controllers use a proprietary firmware that is optimized for use in multirotors, and are able to accept refresh rates of up to 500 Hz from your flight controller board. They come set up and ready to go from the factory, so in most cases, no programming of any kind is required.
The Cobra Opto Speed Controllers do not provide BEC voltage to power your receiver or servos. A separate battery or BEC circuit is required when using Opto speed controllers. In most cases, you can use one speed controller that has a BEC circuit in it, and use Opto sped controllers for the rest of the power system. Doing this eliminates the need to pull the red wire out of the control cable connector to disable all but one BEC circuit so they do not interfere with one another.
The Cobra 20A Opto Multirotor ESC comes with a set of 3.5mm female bullet connectors already installed. These connectors match up with the ones provided on many of the Cobra Brushless motors as well as most other brands of brushless motors on the market today. If you prefer to direct solder your motors to the speed controller, the bullet connectors can be easily removed with a soldering iron.
Cobra Multirotor Speed Controller Features
• Easy Set-up and Operation
• Throttle Range automatically detected and set for smooth, linear throttle response
• 500 Hz refresh rate is compatible with most flight controllers on the market
• Safe Start-Up: The ESC will not arm until the throttle is in the idle position
• Locked-Rotor Protection: If the motor is blocked so the prop cannot rotate, the ESC will automatically shut down to prevent damage
• PWM Frequency is set to 8KHz for best operation on a wide range of motors
• Over Temp Protection: Shuts down the ESC output if temperature exceeds 230F (110C)
• Auto Power Cut-off: If the throttle signal is lost for more than 3 seconds, the throttle will reduce to idle to prevent fly-aways.
|Cobra 20 Amp Opto Multirotor ESC Specifications|
| Weight (With Connectors)|| 21.6 grams (0.76 oz)|
| Max Continuous Current|| 20 Amps|
| Burst Current rating (15s)|| 25 Amps|
| Operating Voltage Range || 8 to 25 Volts|
| Number of Li-Po cells|| 2 to 6 cells|
| BEC Output|| None (Opto)|
| ESC Size (Inc. Caps, in mm)|| 46 x 26 x 9|
| ESC Size (Inc. Caps, in inches)|| 1.81 x 1.02 x 0.35|
For more information about this product and the rest of the Cobra Motors product line, please check out the Cobra Brushless Motors web site.