The new SII-22mm motors were designed to replace the original S-22mm motors that were introduced in January of 2007. These new motors include several design improvements that make them more powerful and more efficient than the original S-22mm series. The design improvements include:
1. New cooling fan design that works equally well in either direction of rotation.
2. New stator design to concentrate the magnetic fields at the pole faces.
3. New stator plate alloy to increase efficiency and reduce heat losses.
4. New flux ring alloy to contain more of the magnetic field within the motor.
5. The higher efficiency of the motor naturally lowers the Kv of the motor, so to get the Kv back up, fewer turns of heavier gauge wire are used. This lowers the internal resistance (Rm) of the motor and increases the current handling ability.
All of these improvements work together to make the new SII-22mm motors even better than they were before! These new motors still use the same high quality magnets and high-temperature wire that set the original Scorpion motors apart from the rest of the field, so you can rest assured that the new SII-22mm series motors are built to last.
The Scorpion SII-2212 motors come with 3.5mm male bullet connectors already soldered on to the motor leads, and also include 3 matching female bullet connectors for your speed controller, along with a cross style motor mount with 4 mounting screws, a threaded shaft style prop adapter and a prop saver type prop adapter with O-Ring.
All Scorpion motors are built to exacting tolerances on state of the art CNC machines for the highest level of fit and finish. The stators are all hand-wound to insure the highest copper fill rate and high voltage tested to insure that no shorts are present. All the metal motor parts are electro-coated in a beautiful black and gold finish so the motors look as good as they perform.
Click here for the Scorpion SII-2205-1585 Propeller Data Chart
|Scorpion SII-2205-1585 Motor Specifications|
| Stator Diameter|| 22.0 mm (0.87 in)|
| Stator Thickness|| 5.0 mm (0.197 in)|
| Number of Stator Arms|| 12|
| Number of Magnet Poles|| 14|
| Motor Wind|| 34 Turn Delta|
| Motor Kv Value|| 1585 RPM per Volt|
| No Load Current (Io)|| 0.47 Amps @ 10 Volts|
| Motor Resistance (Rm)|| 0.182 Ohms|
| Maximum Continuous Current|| 10 Amps|
| Max Continuous Power (3-cell Li-Po)|| 110 Watts|
| Motor Weight|| 35.4 grams (1.25 oz.)|
| Outside Diameter|| 27.9 mm (1.098 in.)|
| Shaft Diameter|| 2.98 mm (0.117 in.)|
| Motor Body Length|| 23.0 mm (0.906 in.)|
| Overall Shaft Length|| 42.0 mm (1.654 in.)|
| Max Lipo Cell|| 3s|
| Motor Timing|| 5-10 Degrees|
| PWM Frequency|| 8 KHz|
Click here for a PDF CAD drawing the Scorpion SII-2205-1585 Motor