Scorpion Competition Series Brushless Motors are built from the best materials available, and are designed to provide both quality and performance at an affordable price. The new SII series motors are an updated and improved version of the popular 30mm motors that have been so successful. Scorpion starts with high quality aluminum alloy parts that are produced on the latest CNC milling machines. These parts are then gold Electro-Plated to provide a beautiful, long-lasting finish. The stators are made with 0.2mm laminations to give maximum efficiency, and minimum Eddy current losses. The stators are epoxy coated to prevent shorts, and are hand-wound with wire that is rated at 180 degrees C (356 F). The high temperature magnets used in Scorpion Motors are designed to give top performance in the most demanding applications. The design improvements include:
1. New cooling fan design that works equally well in either direction of rotation.
2. New stator design to concentrate the magnetic fields at the pole faces.
3. New stator plate alloy to increase efficiency and reduce heat losses.
4. New flux ring alloy to contain more of the magnetic field within the motor.
5. The higher efficiency of the motor naturally lowers the Kv of the motor, so to get the Kv back up, fewer turns of heavier gauge wire are used. This lowers the internal resistance (Rm) of the motor and increases the current handling ability.
All Scorpion SII-30mm motors come with 3.5mm male Bullet style connectors already attached, and include a complete hardware package that contains the following: 3 matching female bullet connectors for your speed controller, 3 pieces of heat-shrink tubing, a cross style backplate mount with 4 screws, and a threaded shaft prop adapter.
Click here for Scorpion SII-3026-710 Propeller Data Chart
|Scorpion SII-3026-710 Motor Specifications|
| Stator Diameter|| 30.0 mm (1.181 in)|
| Stator Thickness|| 26.0 mm (1.023 in)|
| Number of Stator Slots|| 12|
| Number of Magnet Poles|| 14|
| Motor Wind|| 9 Turn Delta|
| Motor Kv Value|| 710 RPM per Volt|
| No Load Current (Io)|| 1.56 Amps @ 10 Volts|
| Motor Resistance (Rm) per Phase|| 0.033 Ohms|
| Motor Resistance (Rm) Phase to Phase|| 0.022 Ohms|
| Maximum Continuous Current|| 60 Amps|
| Max Continuous Power (3-cell Li-Po)|| 660 Watts|
| Max Continuous Power (4-cell Li-Po)|| 880 Watts|
| Max Continuous Power (5-cell Li-Po)|| 1110 Watts|
| Motor Weight|| 205 grams (7.18 oz.)|
| Outside Diameter|| 37.5 mm (1.476 in.)|
| Shaft Diameter|| 5.00 mm (0.197 in.)|
| Motor Body Length|| 51.7 mm (2.035 in.)|
| Overall Shaft Length|| 80.5 mm (3.169 in.)|
Click here for a PDF CAD drawing the Scorpion SII-3026-710 Motor