BadAss Rebel V2 Series Brushless ESC LCD Programmer & 4-in-1 Tester
For those of you that do not mind the tedious and mind-numbing process of performing throttle stick programming, all the programming options and settings are available using that method. However, we highly recommend purchasing this optional BadAss LCD Program Card since you probably have better things to do with your time.
This LCD Programmer works with the BadAss Rebel and Renegade V2 ESCs only! It is not compatible with any Rebel or Renegade V1 ESCs.
For those of you that do not mind the tedious and mind-numbing process of performing throttle stick programming, all the programming options and settings are available in all the BadAss V2 Series ESC's using that method. However, we highly recommend purchasing this optional BadAss LCD Program Card since you probably have better things to do with your time.
The BadAss Rebel and Renegade V2 Series ESC’s offer a full set of programming options as shown below. These are easily set using this optional LCD Program card. For each parameter, the factory default setting is shown in bold text.
- SMR Function (Software Motor Reversal): OFF / ON This feature allows the user to instantly reverse the motor rotation direction in flight at any throttle setting below 50% throttle. To use this feature, SMR must be turned on, and the single yellow control lead wire needs to be plugged into a 2-position switch channel (such as the retract channel) on the receiver. This feature allows you to greatly shorten the landing roll for a STOL type model or heavy pattern aircraft by instantly reversing the motor direction when the switch is flipped. To activate thrust reversing you must be below 50% throttle, but once activated you have full 100% thrust available if needed by moving the throttle stick up.
- Brake Level: OFF / SOFT / MEDIUM / HARD
- Motor Timing: AUTO / Low (5˚) / Medium (15˚) / High (25˚)
- Motor Rotation Direction: CW / CCW
- Synchronous Rectification (SR Function): ON / OFF
- Number of Battery Cells: Auto Detect / 2S / 3S / 4S / 5S / 6S
- Low Voltage Cutoff Level: OFF / NiXX 50% / NiXX 60% / 0V / 3.2V / 3.4V / 3.6V
- Low Voltage Cutoff Type: Reduce Power to 70% / Cut Off Power
- BEC Output Voltage: 5V / 6V (The 20A and 30A Lite Series ESC’s are fixed at 6.0 Volts)
- Motor Acceleration Level: Normal / Soft
In addition to being able to program your ESC's, The BadAss V2 Series Programmer operates as a 4-in-1 electronic tester to provide several other amazing features as shown below!
1. ESC PWM Driver: When plugged into a BadAss Rebel or Renegade V2 Series ESC, the Programmer can be used to send a PWM Signal between 1000uS and 2000uS to control the ESC and test the power system without needing a transmitter and receiver. This is useful when setting up a new model to see if the motor is spinning in the right direction.
2. Servo PWM Driver: With an external 4-cell NiCad battery plugged in, the Programmer can be used to send an adjustable 1000uS to 2000uS signal to standard servos to test or center them prior to installation.
3. Receiver Output PWM Meter: When hooked to an output channel of a receiver, the Programmer can read the value and frequency of the PWM signal coming out of the receiver. This is very useful for setting the Throttle channel of your receiver to make sure that the signal that is being sent to the ESC is the proper value to make sure the ESC arms properly on power-up, and gives the full throttle range of signals to the ESC.
4. Lithium Battery Tester: The Programmer also can be used as a 2-to-8 Cell Battery Tester to measure the overall voltage of a pack as well as the individual voltage of each cell in the pack.
CLICK HERE to download the BadAss V2 Series Programmer Manual