Tempest Brushless ESC Programming Card
All Tempest Speed Controllers feature a wide range of programming options, with a total of 15 different user selectable parameters. The full-featured Tempest ESC Program Card makes setting all these different parameters as easy as possible.
All Tempest Speed Controllers feature a wide range of programming options, with a total of 14 different user selectable parameters. The full-featured Tempest ESC Program Card makes setting all these different parameters as easy as possible. The ESC Program Card gets powered up by the BEC Circuit in the ESC being programmed, so no external power supply is required. The ESC Program Card also functions as a USB to ESC Interface, which can be used to update the Firmware in the ESC in the future if new options or parameters become available.
To program a Tempest ESC, you simply unplug the control lead from the throttle channel on your radio receiver and plug the lead into the connector in the top right corner of the Program Card. Be sure to match up the wire colors with those shown on the Program Card. To begin programming, power up the ESC with your motor battery. After a 5-second delay the LED lights on the left side of the Program Card will flash in sequence twice to let you know that the connection has been established. Once connection is made you can use the Up-Down button to scroll down through the list of parameters. The parameter selected will light up in red on the left side of the program card, and the option for that parameter will light up in red across the top of the program card.
To change the option for a specific parameter, use the Right-Left button to select the option you want to use. Once the option has been selected press the ENTER button in the bottom left corner of the program card. This process is repeated for each additional parameter you wish to set. Once all the options have been set and entered, simply unplug the motor battery, remove the ESC control lead from the Program Card and plug it back into the throttle channel on your radio receiver.
On the front of the Program card, all the Factory Default values are underlined, so if you ever want to return the ESC back to the default condition, program in all of the underlined options.
Note: The Tempest Speed Controllers do NOT ship with the ESC Programming Card. This part must be purchased separately. The same programming card is used for the entire series of Tempest Speed Controllers, so only one programming card is needed for all your Tempest Speed Controllers.
The full list of available ESC parameters is shown below, with the factory default setting shown in bold text.
- LVC Cut-Off Mode: Off, Slow Down, Shut Off
- Battery Type: LiPo-HV, LiPo, NiMH or NiCad
- Cut-Off Voltage per Cell: 2.9, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5
- Number of Cells: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, Auto Detect
- ESC Temp Protection Level: 90°C, 100°C, 110°C, 120°C, 130°C, 140°C
- Motor Timing: 0°, 6°, 12°, 18°, 24°, 30°, Auto Set
- Brake Strength: Off, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%
- Motor Rotation Direction: Normal, Reversed
- Motor Start-up Power: 10%, 20%, 25%, 30%, 35%, 40%, 45%
- Auto-Rotation Restart: Off, 10-Sec., 15-Sec., 20-Sec., 30-Sec., 40-Sec., 60-Sec.
- Motor Type: Normal, Disc Type, EDF
- SBEC Output Voltage: Fixed at 5.0 or 5.5 Volts, depending on model
- Motor Spool-up Acceleration: L1, L2, L3, L4, L5, L6, L7
- ESC PWM Frequency: 8 KHz, 12 KHz, 16 KHz, 24 KHz, 32 KHz
- Inactivity Beacon Delay: 1 Min, 2 Min, 3 Min, 4 Min, 5 Min, 10 Min
- Tempest Brushless ESC, 6A 2S$13.99